Gas cap fun

I have a mk1 scirocco '80 to be excact.  The previous owner put a
extra stupid chrome, locking gas cap on the car.  This gas cap is the
ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life.  Its even about halfway
covered with rust.  Anyway, I can't find a new stock gas cap anywhere!
I went to rapid parts and they had me try 2 caps neither of which
fit.  Rabbit caps don't fit.  I'd perfer not to have to go to the
junkyard.

Apperenty the 1980, some came with a threaded gas cap and some came
with the 1/4 turn gas cap.  Mine has the 1/4 turn cap.  Has anyone
had this problem?  Anyone have or no where I could get a new gas cap?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
             http://idt.net/~volkswgn