Re: Fuel tank replacement...

>...to the person who wanted info on removing your fuel tank.  Reading *MY*
>Bentley manual about removal/installation of the fuel tank very clearly
>states that the rear axle must be dropped to remove it.  To be exact, the
>1980 to 1984 Rabbit, Scirocco, Jetta ISBN 0-8376-0183-5, VW# LPV 800 104,
>Bentley manual.
>
>     Also, the 1980 Bentley also shows that the rear axle must be dropped
>before the fuel tank can be dropped.
>
>     It is covered in both manuals in section 4, around page 9.
>
>     Sean
>     wildfire@albany.net
>     SYSOP: BOB'S WORLD BBS
>
>--

Upon further examination, I noticed that the rear axle MUST be dropped.
However, could I still do the job myself (of course with my dad's help) or
should I just have someone else do it for me.  BTW, should I replace any
other parts while I'm at it.  I believe that the fuel filter and transfer
pump are right there.  Any ideas.  Thanks.

Sal