'84 Scirocco

Maybe I should say I'm the proud new _father_ of a scirocco. :)

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I will give a shot at replacing what
mounts I can on my own.

I am in the Midwest US (Iowa) and this Scirocco originally came from the
Florida area. The bumpers were painted to match the body, but the power
mirrors are black.

The only two VW dealers in the central Iowa area have the same owner, so
he can get away with such prices. Yes, for the side and front motor mounts
the total is near $100. Ack. Thanks for the reference to Adirondack(sp),
the prices are a HUGE improvement.

A couple parting questions: I've heard rave reviews about putting
synthetic lube in the gearbox, but the VW dealer recommended against it,
saying my halfshaft seals would most likely leak. ?   The reason is, I
have a worn syncro and unless I double-clutch it grinds going into 3rd.
Some people have had luck curing this w/ a synthetic.

I'm sure my dealer would recommend an entirely new clutch. *grin* This
should be repairable, though, right?

~C

  Christopher Mende        ICEMT @ Iowa State Uni
  Home: (515) 292-6658     Office: (515) 294-6738     "One, two, three!"
  bayern.me.iastate.edu    www.icemt.iastate.edu