Re: Altenator Info (Update)

At 05:31 PM 7/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Kilimanjaro here,
>
>I recharged the battery, cleaned off the terminals and also the connectors
>to the battery.  I put the battery back in the car just to move it from
>the side of the mountain to level ground. The lights are still flashing.
>Some suggested that it might be the regulator.
>Is it the regualtor or is is the altenator, But I will check into the
>cleaning of the ground terminals
>Thanks for all the help thus far.
>
>Kilimanjaro.
>'87 8v

It could be either. Have you taken off the alternator and gone to Chief or
Kragen?? (Well, something resembling a local chain auto parts store. They're
all the same) They will test your alternator for you and tell you if its the
alt. or the reg. or both. Thats the easiest way to do it.
The regulator is included inside the alt, FYI.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and