Re: Suggestions for repairing '84 Scirocco?

At 02:58 PM 7/24/97 EDT, you wrote:
>RE: Stupid kids
>
>     Welp, just looked under the car.  Even though it drives straight and
>doesn't wander, the "frame rails" on the unibody have been bent by some
>buttmunch by improperly jacking on them.  Is there any way to straighten
>these and re-inforce them on my own without the help of a body shop?  I have

>access to a port-a-power.  This is one little pet peeve of mine with the
>A1's.  That damned spot is the same problem on my '80 Jetta and isn't helped

>by the fact that both have been smacked in the nose at least twice each.

What you see as being bent is the underbody and not the chassis. Its just
cosmetic and even tho its ugly, shouldnt pose a problem to the chassis
regidity. (I cant say for sure without seeing it myself.)
My Scirocco has the same dents under the car from being jacked improperly. I
wouldnt take it to the bodyshop for an anwser because they will tell you that
its gotta be fixed no matter what shape its in. (Can you tell I dont trust
body shops, dealers or any other so called mechanic for work on my car) So,
unless you have allignment problems or tire wear problems, I wouldnt sweat it
and work on the other needed fixes.
Damn Kids!  :)
HTH!!

Shawn