Re: 1->2->3->2!

> Sounds like your synchro's are shot.
>
> Uh, well, not really but it does sound cool when you say it yourself. :)
> In all reality, your synchros could be bad but that shouldnt have anything to
> do with your redline downshifts. id say, without sounding like im attacking
> your driving that you probably did it yourself. <G>

	I hope so.  I haven't done it again since, and I was tired that night.
But three times in a row...completely threw me off my game.

> Im saying in the heat of
> battle, your quick throw into what seemed to be 4th was actually 2nd. ouch!
> Ive done that but I caught it before it reved past 3,000 rpms. You couldnt
> "FEEL" the car slow down when 2dn engaged??

	I don't think you understand.  When the car is revving that high it
takes a __fraction__ of a second for the car to rev like that.  As soon
as my mind and body registered that it was in fact 2nd gear, my foot was
on the clutch.  So, "yes", I could feel the car slow down, and I reacted
as fast as possible to keep the engine from going boom!

> I could and thats why I knew right
> away I was in the wrong dang gear. Well, anyways, the over rev shouldnt have
> hurt anything, unless you kept your foot in it and stared for a while at the
> tach to register something below 8,000 again. Usually, you will know right
> away if you've damaged the motor from spiking the revs.
> Anyways, check all your shift levers, all the plastic joints like to wear out
> of round and all the bushings ect. If you have a short shift kit, whats it set
> at?
> Depending on where you have it set will sometimes force a mis-shift or two.
> HTH!

	Well, I don't have a short-shifter yet, although I have cut the length
of the shifter within the cockpit.  I intend to replace all of the
bushings and plastic thingees.   I've already replaced two big ones that
were causing a lot of play in the lever.  Thanks.

jason
87 16V