Re: Speedometer removal ?

Well, when I removed my speedo cluster, I followed the Bentley which
said...

       "1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.

	2. Remove the steering wheel as described in [another chapter].

	3. Remove the instrument cluster trim by removing the two screws [at
the top of 	   the cluster].

	4. Free instrument cluster by removing the screw [above the cluster,
behind the 	   panel just removed in step 3].  Tip forward, but do not
fully remove, the 	   cluster, and remove the speedometer cable and any
vacuum lines from the rear 	   of the cluster.  To remove the cable,
pinch the retaining tabs [that surround 	   the end of the cable].
Disconnect the two instrument cluster wiring 	   harness connectors and
remove the instrument cluster.

	Installation is the reverse of removal."

	*Thanks to Plastic Man for his help.

	This is what Mr. Bentley says to do.  I had so much trouble with this
godforsaken thing that I removed the entire dashboard (I also had some
other stuff to attend to).  Even then, it took me a god while to get
everything disconnected.  What can I say?  It was a lot of work for me,
but nothing broke, and everything works okay now.  HTH

jason
87 16V