Re: NOLOGY DYNO TEST!

At 06:07 PM 7/7/97, you wrote:

>(I'm getting my flame suit on now)

Why, is it getting hot? :)

>Not to over simplify ignition systems,
>but of all the things an engine does, creating a spark may be so relatively
>simple that, in a stock or near stock engine, there is not much improvement
>to be made.  That is, we may be at about 99% efficiency, so any improvement
>may be minimal.

For the most part, I agree. I think my problem was I was bombarded from
fellow racers with amazing stories on how well the Nology system worked at
improving power ect. Naturally, they were all suckered into the feeling the
wires gave at extremely low RPM's. So, I was the next sucker.

> (For instance a 300 Mz CPU with 128 MB of RAM may make
>your DOS word processor faster than your 233 Mz CPU with 64 MB of RAM, but
>what have you really gained?)

Uh, is that french?  :)

>That does make it attrative.  Kind of like the weight loss device that is a
>leather belt that goes around the waist and a motor jiggles your fat,
>supposedly jiggles it off.  "Ah, I can lose weight with out doing any
>work!"  We've all seen the ads on TV.

What do you mean? Are you saying that stuff doesnt work either?? My gawd,
what are we all comming to???

>I was thinking in terms of things like medical tests.  Ie, a specific
>methodology or protocol with 134 people in one test, 345 in another and
>1,009 in a third.  Compare the results and analyze.

This is mechanical. Usually 1 or 2 is good. Especially when your testing one
component on different engine configs. (Like my CIS 8V and Mikes CIS-E 16V.)
We both showed a drop in hp with the nology system. We even did the tests
backwards from the other so if the heat was a factor, it would show up, but
it didnt. Same HP drop.
Also on the nology's advantage, we both used an older set of stock wires! I
thought Mikes 16V wires were gonna break they were so brittle looking. So,
the more I think about it and the more Nology avoids my phonecalls, im
beginning to think Nology is crap. (Somewhere in there im getting pissed!)

>Send the graphs!  (Oh yes and let us know the format.)

Sent them to you already. Uh, Gif was the format. Do you need it in another
format? Name it if you do.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi