Re: Back from WaterFest!!

At 06:16 PM 7/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Well this is my first year, and I must say it was awsome!.  Guess what
>I saw?? A VR6 Scirocco II!  Someone has finally done it, It was awsome.
>I got to meet Josh from EXC and Brian.  Their we so many cool cars it
>wasn't funny,  one thing did bug me though,  What the hell was up with
>the Huuondas and ACKuras??  Seems like they were playin on dangerous
>ground too me.  I also got the see the EIP Turbo cars.  I think
>the slickest car was the Silver VR6 Turbo Cabbriolet (sp?) it was
>PERFECT!  It really suprised me how many people have the EIP Turbo,
>any way, I took about 20 pics of my fav cars, and will scan the
>soon and put them on my page. I never thought my car had what it
>takes to be a show car,  but after seeing some of the cars my was
>CLEAN compared to them,  all I need is a nice new paint job.
>let me stop now =')
>
>Etrik

        Etrik told his side now let me share mine.
        Saw Josh's car (very nice Josh).
        But what was up with the A3's??  They were so over done they looked
gawdy.  The conversions looked great that Etrik spoke of.  But most of these
cars were just like, open catalog, pick part, bring it to shop and have it
installed.  Plus walking down the isles looking at the cars gave me a head
ache, all the boom chicky booming going on..  Then there were the lets do 50
on the way to my parking spot people.  They all blurred into one.  I like
that there were more used parts there (yeah D&D Auto)  but either they had
to give a cut to Rapid or their prices were ripping high.
        I tryed to buy some rims from the Rapid tent and after standing
there for 30 mins and no one helping (they just walked back in forth in
front of you or said talk to him I can't help) I left.
        The sciroccos there looked tastefully done and not over done.  Kudos.
        The autocross cars were great, the track was shorter than I
remembered the space being.  Autocrossing humbled the pick-a-part-out-of
catalog-makes-me-go-fast people.
        I wish I hadn't of screwed around in getting my tee-shirt because I
really was looking forward to meeting those of you who went.
        I went the first year, missed last year, and was left neutral with
this year's.

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S in EP
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6