Re: Back from WaterFest!!

Domenic Lippolis wrote:

>         Etrik told his side now let me share mine.
>         Saw Josh's car (very nice Josh).
>         But what was up with the A3's??  They were so over done they looked
> gawdy.  The conversions looked great that Etrik spoke of.  But most of these
> cars were just like, open catalog, pick part, bring it to shop and have it
> installed.  Plus walking down the isles looking at the cars gave me a head
> ache, all the boom chicky booming going on..

AAhhh yes, I know what you mean, I just took a few Nuprin myself =')
I think the only A3 that cought my eye was the silver cabby, I pretty
much went for the sciroccos anyway.  I'll post more later, I have to
sleep, I am beat!

> Then there were the lets do 50
> on the way to my parking spot people.  They all blurred into one.

I just didn't move, figured if they hit me I'll make the gimme
their car ;-)

> I like
> that there were more used parts there (yeah D&D Auto)  but either they had
> to give a cut to Rapid or their prices were ripping high.
>         I tryed to buy some rims from the Rapid tent and after standing
> there for 30 mins and no one helping (they just walked back in forth in
> front of you or said talk to him I can't help) I left.
>         The sciroccos there looked tastefully done and not over done.  Kudos.
>         The autocross cars were great, the track was shorter than I
> remembered the space being.  Autocrossing humbled the pick-a-part-out-of
> catalog-makes-me-go-fast people.
>         I wish I hadn't of screwed around in getting my tee-shirt because I
> really was looking forward to meeting those of you who went.
>         I went the first year, missed last year, and was left neutral with
> this year's.

Maybe next year?

Later
Etrik