Re: NOLOGY DYNO TEST!

 We removed the Nology system from his
>car and installed a stock set of 16V plug wires and a set of
>Bosch plugs. Then it was time for the second run.
>
>The second run showed a gain!

>The third run gave us these numbers, 94.6hp and 96.5ft.lbs. tq.
>That's a 2hp loss from the completely stock system.
>

>After 2-1/2 hours on the dyno, the verdict is in. I have to say
>that both Mike and I were both Nology team players. We both
>believed in the system and both expected to see almost no gain,
>maybe just a tiny little bit, in the system but at the same time,
>didn't expect to see a loss in power either.

Hee hee hee, should'nt have kept my mouth shut all this time!  Hee hee hee!
Laugh.  BWAHAHA!  Sorry, I just love it - Nology wires suck.  The
"capacitor" is simply a wire braid.  Hee hee hee!  Ok, I'll shut up........

 John told us that
>with the nology systems on both cars, the throttle response was
>sharper and the idle on both cars were both a little smoother.

Miata people have seen losses on the dyno, too.  Neons have had mysterious
brain box failures after installing them (no proof that they're related,
but a few cars have had the wires installed ---> box dies, while box
failures are not common on the Neon).  FWIW.  I'm not surprised that the
response/idle improved, but I am surprised that there was no gain.  I
figured a little, anyhow (more than .5 - this could simply be a variable of
warmer gear oil on the second pull, something like that).  Anyhow.  Grin,
SOMEDAY, I'll be telling you of the cool ignition I have on my car which
shows a *real* 3.5% gain on the dyno.  I've had it a while, but it is not
"ready" for production yet.  Sigh.  Someday.  OK, so, glad we have the
Nology mystery cleared up!  Power losses, eh?  Hmmm.  Hope this saved
someone some cash!

Iain(thanks, Shawn, for doing this!)