A/C compressor removal

Hi,

I'm trying to remove the A/C compressor off my '85 'rocco.  (pain in
the ..)  The way it's made is that a belt goes through the crank to
the water and to A/C.  Then another belt (which is offset) goes to
the Alternator.

If I remove the compressor (A/C), the pulleys are not alligned.  Do I
have to find pulleys from non-A/C'ed 'roccos or rabbits and install
them?  If so, how do I take a pulley off?  Is there a special
technique used so that the pulley stays solid (and not rotate) while
removing it?

thanks

Frank

'85 'rocco 8v