'80 1.6L red line?

We've been racing a 1980 Scirocco with a 1.6L with no major engine mods,
and I'm really starting to turn it hard (6400 RPM) at the end of the
straightaways.  With lower profile tires (next on our list) it's going
to be turning even more.

The tach that came with it was not original, so I have no idea what the
"factory suggested" red line is.

Any ideas on just how hard we can push this thing?

If you're interested in our racing, check out:

   http://www.mindspring.com/~hruska