Coil

I asked before about an idle problem when its raining out and everyone said
coil. I see Bentley has a way to test it and will try and do it next week
but one thing is strange. One connection on the coil has nothing attached
to it. Possibly the connection for the idle stabilizer if the car has a/c?
Any suggestions would be helpful. Maybe the missing connection is the problem.
Don Dawson