New BUG?

Hi Scirocco lovers and VW fans of all kinds...

I have followed the thread on VW "drying up" and have even contributed to it.

ABOUT THE CONCEPT 1 ...(the new bug)... the shape is all marketing!  Last
data that I heard was that the drivetrain is a dual system, electric driven
with a small diesel engine to increase range by generating electricity.  It
is an eco-thing...

I never understood the electic car concept, since when we trade a tail pipe
for a smoke stack or a nuclear power generating facility we simply shift
what kind of pollution we are making and where it is made (I prefer nuclear
power myself...see signature).  Besides, electric vehicles are impractical
in colder climbs like Minnesota or anywhere there is a few months of snow.

The above paragraph not withstanding, I hope that electric vehicles are
available cheaply and with acceptable range, I will be happy to own
one...petroleum is a finite resource after all.

Brian M. Gracek				 Saint Cloud, MN USA
Student of Chemistry		         St. Cloud State University
Student Member of the ACS		   Proud member of the MNANG

                            VW ...  Drivers Wanted