16v airfilter and plug change

Okay...

Air filter...take out the battery, and you will see the airbox.  it will be
a stack of stuff behind the battery--at the top, your fuel distributor--5
silver braided lines.  At the bottom, the air box.  Remove the clips that
hold it together, and lift with all of your might.  Cutting your fingers in
several spots, yank the old filter out.  Put in a $30 K&N air filter and
never buy another.  They are guaranteed for life.  Just clean 1x year w/
some special oil.  Plus, you get a few HP.  Close it up.

You might want to do the fuel filter...next to the fuel distributor.  Big
silver cylinder.

Spark plugs--Pull out each plug wire.  Get the appropriate SPARK PLUG socket
(I forget offhand).  Get 3 extensions and tape them together (learned it the
hard way.).  Send the socket down, unscrew, and pull out.   Replace.

This is it in a nutshell.  Guys--did I leave anything crucial out?

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

      Virginia Polytechnic Institute
          and State University