Changing air filter on a 16V

Hello,
	I am going to be changing the air filter and spark
plugs on my Passat and Scirocco sometime very soon.

I have the Bentley manual for the Passat, and a Haynes for
the Scirocco(for fwd VW's)

I want to find out how involved the procedure to change air
filter on the Scirocco (1987 16V FI) is. I can do some
experimenting myself, but I would rather get knowledgeable
advice over here.

The reason is when I did my Passat the last time, I had to
give up and seek help on the net(Ryan Rahim got me through
finally) because the procedure was not at all as simple as
described by the Bentley manual.

So if anyone can give me a brief on the procedure, that will
be real helpful.

	Thanks

		Pushkar