Re: Dual outlet muffler for 8v

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a dual outlet muffler for a 8v, I need to get it
> installed soon and some big 4" tips put on before they install my

You don't seriously mean dual 4" tips, do you?  I've never seen a dual tip
muffler with diameters of more than 2.5", I can't imagine what dual 4s
would look like.  If you don't want to go quite so big, Supersprint
mufflers can be dual tip, about 2-2.5" diameter; Remus mufflers are sort
of squarish/ovalish, a bit smaller though; or you could get a dual tip
from Techtonics and put it on a flowmaster.  I suppose you could also weld
a couple of 3.5" tips from Autotech onto a flowmaster - that might be your
best bet, but on a cold day everyone would see that there was only exhaust
coming out of one of them.

> Rieger kit so they can cut out holes for the exhaust. I haven't seen
> any advertised..ya know i'm looking for a camaro type exhaust..1 in ,
> 2 out...If need be i'll goto a flowmaster, but was wondering if any
> of you all knew of a REAL muffler that had dual out...I mean i could
> go with a 16v exhaust buy pipe bending on a muffler with the  outlets
> on the same side would suck..or is that my only option?

Maybe I've misunderstood your question.....

-Riley McDowall
'87 16v