Re: scirocco-l@privatei.com

Shawn C. Meze wrote:

>                        Postage paid by: [Image]

> At 01:27 PM 1/28/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >Chris,
> >Upon urging from my older brother who is a mechanic for a Porsche racing
> >team in Miami and his past experiences with Scirocco's (he had a badass
> >81-completely tricked out), I went ahead and drilled my airbox.  He also
> >mentioned a piece that is found in the hose going into the airbox (I
> >think this maybe the "snorkel" you're talking about but I DON'T REALLY
> >KNOW).  He said that I could take that out also to enhance performance.
> >Since I don't know what this is, I decided against it.  Anyway, after
> >drilling the hole and putting in a new K&N filter, the car was
> >noticeably more powerful.  I'm not exactly sure whether it was the hole
> >or the filter.  I did not know that hot air was bad, maybe I'll make
> >some sort of hose and attach it to the airbox-front grill to bring in
> >more cooled air.  Is this a good idea or bad idea?  That's my two cents
> >worth, no facts are stated just information I have gathered from my
> >experience.
> >
> >John
> >80 Scirocco S
>
> Hi everybody:
> Since I do know quite a bit about this topic and somebody asked me to
> comment, here goes. (At least I think I do) I will speak up and be heard by all. :)
>
> Anyways, thats what I know about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I will slip back to my lurking mode....... :)
> L8R

Shawn,
It's nice to see you back from seclusion.  I appreciate the insight into
this subject.  You are right, I definately notice a difference in power
when on the highway in 4th or 5th gear (mentally, it feels like I'm
getting more power at the lower end, but that may be my wishful
thinking).  Anyway, I need all the power I can get, I believe I will try
the RAM air you described.

Thanks,

John
80 Scirocco S