Re: Re[7]: tail lights.

At 03:53 PM 1/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Rick/Chris,
>
>     It is brighter that the regular tail light with the #67 bulb but I have
>seen one other Rocco and a few golf's with REALLY bright "fogs".  Was thinking
>of using the brake light bulbs but it might end up melting the plastic.

APS has the Hella Quartz brake light conversion, and it's not meant for
CONTINUOUS USE, meaning that it will melt the plastic.  If you do this, and
your'e in stop/go traffic, you would have to do a lot of downshifting/emer.
braking to avoid overuse of the brake lights.  Plus, they are annoyingly
bright to whoever is behind you.  Think about it--are people that blind?
Has anyone been rear-ended, and the person's excuse was, "I didn't see
you--your tail lights are too dim"?  It's not exactly a necessary or even
neat mod.  Just drill out your side ones, and put those #67's in and call it
a day.

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

Virginia Tech