Heater core?

Question, How do you know when your heater core is leaking? Here's my situation. My window fogs up alot, but I think it's because the vapor sheild in between my door has a hole in it, therefore allowing moisture to get inside and on wet days, soak the passenger side floor. (sometimes its like a pond in there). But then, my heater doesn't really put out much heat. I don't bother relying on it because it doesn't get very hot. Answers?