Re: who was this?

On 18 Jan 97 at 23:24, Mike wrote:

> I forget who had the blown tranny, and the protege loaner...was it
> Rick?

Yeah, it;'s me :)

> I am curious to know how you liked the Protege compaired to your
> Scirroco in power?

The Mazda sucks.

> I have both and just wondered 1.8 8v to 1.8 16 mazda what you think
> has more power.

The Mazda has a bit of power, but my Rock would walk right away from
it.  The gear box seems a lot wider ratio in the Mazduh, which would
account for some of the diff.  But even if it were similar gearing,
my Rock would still kill it.  Plus the Protege is like driving my
GF's Sidekick.  It feels unstable at any speed.  It does take the
bumps a bit better, which shouldn't be surprising.  All in all, after
driving a VW, this car feels like shit to drive.

Hope I didn't sugar-coat things too much :)

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)