gear oil q and ramblings

I'm hoping some of the Seattle area list members can help me with a
gear oil question.

Since I'm getting a rebuild on the trans, I figured to go with
Redline synthetic gear oil.  Bellevue Motor Sports (handling the
rebuild) wants $12.95 a quart.  Is there anywhere less expensive to
get this locally?  I only have 5 days, so mail order is out of the
question.  If I have to, I'll get it from B.M.S. but hope to save a
few $$$, as this last month of repairs is killing the budget :)

Today I had to drive a 90 MazDUH Protege, as the dealer needed the
Passat back for some manual-shifting challanged woman.  It runs fine
and is not in bad shape and has lower miles than my Rock (115K).
What a piece od S**T !!!!!  I want my Rock back !  It's painful
having to drive such an inferior waste of sheetmetal.  At least the
Passat was tight, handled unbelievably for a car of it's ride quality
and size.  It was a VW !!!!  This example of (lack of) Japanese
engineering is making me want to puke.  An example of truly missing
what you've got once it's gone.......

I WANT MY FAHRVERGNUEGEN  !!!!!!!!
I WANNA GO FUKENGRUVEN !!!!!

BTW, Lisa saw a new (for us) bumper sticker today on VW Westfalia
Bus.  It had a Grateful Dead bear in the middle and said
"Bearlymuven".  Of course with the 2 dots (umlaut?) over the u.  :=)

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)