Re: The engine's in, now there are electrical gremilins...

At 12:31 PM 1/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
> Does anyone know if they changed the connector to the Hall sender
>from 82 ot 88? It seems that I am not making any connection. (This is the
>three female connector thingy that plugs into the distrubutor) I don't seem
>to be able to push it in deep enough to make a connection. I don't want to
>force it for fear of breaking it, but is this what I have to do, or should I
>seek out a connector from an 88cab or Hall sender for an 82 'rocco? I
>destroyed the hall sender on the old engine, otherwise I'd just swap it in...

The connectors are probably different.  They were when I replaced
my 82's engine with an 89 Fox motor (JN).  It is about the same motor,
save for valve sizes and hyd versus mech.  I had this problem, and was
forced to dismantle the connector on my old distributor and mod it
into the new distributor.  Had I known this would be a problem, I would
have tried to get the connector to fit that dist.
You could also use your old distributor - really.

It seems you may have additional electrical problems, but you need to
resolve this one first.

Miles Lott (http://www.insync.net/~milos)
KTXH Ch. 20 in Houston, TX :
Home of the Rockets!!!