Re: G60 lore

At 05:30 PM 1/12/97 +0500, you wrote:
>Just wondering--I know there were a few 16v Corrados in Europe.  Were those
>C's supercharged?  g60 16v's?  How about displacement?   All 1.8l or any
2.0L?

>In a few months, my 1.8 16v will be 2L.  Is it possible to one day throw on
>a supercharger onto a 2L 16v?  Or will I have to get an 8v engine?  Or just
>bump down to 1.8L agian?

        Putting a G-lader supercharger, or any supercharger or turbocharger
on to your engine is a big no-no.  The 2.0L block you're putting under your
head has a compression ratio of 10.8:1, and putting positive pressure intake
on that will cause some serious problems.  Also the 1.8L G60 motor has
little things like sodium filled exhaust valves to resist heat which your
head doesn't have.

        In theory the you could drop your comression and replace your
valves, or go with a low pressure system.  A turbo or super charger with an
output limited to about 4-6 psi.  I don't know if that would be worth the
hassle or money, as the horsepower could be in excess of what a 210mm stock
Sachs clutch can handle (about 180) and that pretty new cam of yours would
no longer be the right one.