RPM Problem

Hello all, happy new year!

I've been driving my 'rocco alot lately and I really enjoy it (even
though it's only a 8v with 3/4 of it's power).  But last night the
RPM was really flickering.  It drops down to ~700 then gets kicked to
~1000 rpm by the idle valve stab (or some solenoid).  Then it drops
back to ~700 etc... I found out that I got worst when I use the
brakes.

Is this a common problem?  Could it be a vacuum leak?  My last
modification was a K&N filter two weeks ago.  But I don't think it's
that.  Please help!

Frank
'85 'rocco, 212k km, red