Re: Guages <ELECTRICAL or MECH>

At 11:37 AM 2/26/97 EST, you wrote:
>     Ok, in the realm of Oil Pressure which do people prefer.  The
>     Elictrical kind that rely on a sender which can go bad or the
>     mechanical bulbous (SP) type?  Does VDO make both?
>
>     -Paul
>     87 S16v
>     87 GLi
>     90 90Q20v

        I have had nothing but trouble with the mechanical type, sometimes
it sticks and the pressure gauge is pinned. That was the first one, then it
broke altogether.
        Now the second one does that AND my idiot light comes on when there
is pressure and goes off when there is no pressure.  I have learned to
ignore the bright red candy like light that is always on.
					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja