Re: GOT MY 'ROCCO!

In a message dated 97-02-27 01:59:01 EST, dporter@hevanet.com (Donovan
Porter) writes:

<< - I can't get the parking lights (or dash lights) to work by themselves.
 Grounds are good, and had to temporarily put a jumper between the headlights
 so they will operate when I need them.  I WANT THIS WORKING!  What should I
 look for?  Unless I jumper it, I have no parking lights, or dash lights.

Have you checked the fuses? the contacts in the box (among other things in
the electrical systems of these cars) can be a problem. You might also look
for any signs of previous wiring repairs or an old alarm system, etc.

 - I need to get my stereo installed!  I have a Pioneer DEH-P815 CD headunit,
 a Blaupunkt V250 amp (for sub), Blaupunkt V450 (for rest of speakers), an
 Orion XTR DVC 12" sub, Blaupunkt v65 separates, two Kicker f6.5a 6.5" free
 air subs for the hatchcover, and over $100 worth of wiring.  The amps and
 sub have been waiting BRAND NEW in my closet for two years for a car to
 install them into.

Beware the weak VW electrical systems.

Good luck with your new toy!

Todd