Re: GOT MY 'ROCCO!

> - The metal bracket that the parking brake was attached to is gone (the
> welds broke!).  Never seen that happen in a VW before.  Needless to say,
> what's the easiest way to cut one out of a Rabbit, and weld it into my car?
> I'm scared to park on hills, and keep habitually reaching down to disengage
> it when I get in the car.

	I have the exact same problem on my '81.  The bracket itself is broken
off so someone before me bolted the back of it with two sheet metal
screws and bent the body metal in the front to form a lip to hold the
bracket in the front.  To weld it back would be nice, but I think I'll
just drill two more holes in the front and put in two more sheet metal
screws with wide washers, hopefully that will be enough.

> - want to slap in a Scirocco II dash

	Is that possible? (stupid question) I guess the only other thing to
worry about would be the instrument cluster installation.  Good luck!

	Andy

'81 Scirocco