Re: autocross helmets

I used to use a Bell for autocrossing in The B' with my dad.
Unfortunatly, it's been regulated to my motorcycle after the SCCA changed
the rules for helmets a few years ago.  Wonderful helmet though...good
vision, comfy fit.  Now I use an AGV, bes fit ever, but a small lip comes
from the bottom to cover my nose.  Autocrossing it's good vision, but on
the bike it sucks.  Both of mine are closed faced, but I drive with the
visor up.  DAD uses an ancient bell open face.  It's the same size as the
closed faces, but I don't like the fit around the ears.  If I forget my
helmet at the race I usually turn a faster time with dad's.  He thinks
open faces are better for me..I think I'm just trying to get off the
track to get the darn thing off.  Sorry I just have the brand names and
not the numbers.  You might go to your local motorcycle dealer and look
at their selections.  Usually they'll let you try them on.  Make sure
they're snell rated or they won't be leagle for AutoX.
George Curl-
79 rocco (daily driver)
81 Honda CB900f (Stoplight bike:)
64 MGB (Autocrosser DSP SODIV SCCA)