Re: Upper strut bearing is killing me!

I just talked to Mark Davison about this this morning.  I'm doing mine next
week and I ran into that problem when I was trying to dismantle my strut
assy after my curb incident.  He recommended using an air tool on the nut.
The force would be too great to let the strut spin with it.  It should pop
right off, then right back on again.

You, like me, probably don't have one, so Just take BOTH your strut
assemlies off and run them down to the local tire shop.  Slip the guy a
$5'er to shoot your nuts off (that sure came out funny!) with his air tool
(that too!).  Bring your sockets w/ different match-up thingys to make sure
he doesn't have to take 10 min. out of his day to find the right socket.  Do
the swap in the parking lot there and then have him shoot your nuts back on
(LOL!).

Good luck,

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be