Re: Wheels! and Seat! and Brakes!

At 11:38 AM 2/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Up until now, I've been putzing around in DSP with 185/60-14 yokohama
>A509s... not any more!  I found someone who wants to sell me 13x8 wheels
>with Hoosier Autocrossers for $150!!  They are, unfortunately, steel
>(widened Rabbit wheels) and YELLOW, but they've got to be faster than
>what I have now (I was actually not going to get them until Mannix slapped
>some sense into me).

Well, I hope he slapped you once for me! (for getting them) Thats a smoking
deal and you can always paint the wheels a lime green color to match.... a
Lime!
13X8 wheels are damn hard to come by in a size 13, so your one of the lucky
ones. Sure, all that steel isnt great (Brakes will get hotter) but at least
your gonna have lots of grippy cornering speed to maintain now. Im suprised Mr.
Mannix didnt tell you not to buy them and snap them up himself!

>I also have an OMP racing seat on the way, and I've finally got stock
>(legal) brakes to replace my nice-but-illegal-as-moonshine 10.1 kit.  Look
>out Mannix!! :-)

The smaller brakes wont hurt your autox times. (Well, it shouldnt) It might
even make the front end lighter! (Yah, I betcha didnt think of that? eh?)

>...Oh, what's that?  Mannix put coilovers on his GTI?  Dang.

Ah, just think that they're junk and you will beat hit Rabbit. No problem! Its
a mind over matter thing.........

Shawn