Re: Motor questions

At 07:06 PM 2/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
> The 82 rocco i am buying I am told has a Hydrolic liftered 85 GTI motor in
>it.....are these good engines? How can i make sure this is really whats in
>it?.....It is said to have about 90k on the motor is this a problem with
>these engines?

        Mannix is right they are the RD code engine.  See if he installed
the knock sensor ignition when they put the motor in, if so you are as good
as gold.  If not don't worry the electronic ignition that came in the 82's
should be more than enough for that motor.
        The only extra thing is when it starts from cold do the lifters
tick?? If not let it warm up real good and then let it idle and listen
again.  But at 90K there should be no problem with them.

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja