Re: Motor questions

> The 82 rocco i am buying I am told has a Hydrolic liftered 85 GTI motor in
>it.....are these good engines? How can i make sure this is really whats in
>it?.....It is said to have about 90k on the motor is this a problem with
>these engines?

The hydraulic lifter engines are great, 90k is pretty new.  I don't know
the codes off the top of my head, but below the #3 sparkplug there should
be a stamp with an engine code - something like RD or RV or something - for
instance, the 90hp solid lifter GTI engine is JH.  The 85 GTI (I think it
is RD) is 100hp, lasts a long time if taken care of, sounds good.

>Also i am going to add to this a listing of the addons it is to have one
>it...can anyone tell me what to look for with these items just to make sure
>they are there!
>
>I have a 82' (singgle wiper new body) which received a school bus TAAAP to
>the rear left quarter panel. Car drives fine, just cosmetic. I have a good
>dash, 85' GTI engine, complete neuspeed suspension with KYB struts,
>Liestritz exhaust, more.
>
>When he says COMPLETE nuespeed suspension what all would that include?

Well, I'd guess I'd call "complete" springs, swaybars, and stressbars.
That's about all Nspeed makes in suspension for the Scirocco.

>Will the struts say KYB on them and are they half decent?

Well, no - the struts (the KYB part) is within a strut tube - you cant see
the front struts.  The rear shocks should say it - I think KYBs are white.
Not bad, nothing spectacular, but better than Monroe.

>And the exhaust is this a good ehaust for this car and how can i tell what
>this is?

The Leistritz is a "performance" exhaust made by an OEM supplier.  It is
decent, but like the KYBs, it is better than Midas, but nothing special.
They have funky exhaust tips, at least the :Leistritz Sport Sound or
whatever the hell they called it.  I had one, hated it, it robbed power.
It should last a long time, work well, but there is surely room for
improvement there, IMHO.   Not a reason to discredit the car, though.  The
exhaust tip is similar to the Passat tip, umm, Corrado too.

>Thanks for any help you may give me in advance, HELP ME PLEASE :)

No problem.  Hope this helps.  How much is the seller asking?

Mannix