Re: Harness

I think that a harness is pretty safe, but:

1.  It's a bitch.
2.  If you get in a "flammable" accident, you're gonna burn, pal.

I have Scroth Rallye 3A(i think)'s, left and right.  I only use them for
autox.  For daily driving, I they drape over my seat and I sit against them.
I don't use seatbelts for daily driving.  If I did, it'd be a toss-up
between the harnesses and the stock belts.

They are anchored where the rear seat belt buckles were.

People can NOT sit in the back when my belts are IN USE.  there is a buckle
in the middle of the harness, between the strap section and where it
anchors.  When not in use, I just undo that and everything basically drapes.

Install was not a pain.

Mine are 3 point.  They connect on the left and right of the seat, plus
where the rear seatbelt buckles were.

They are not a pain in a daily driver, unless you intend to use them for
daily driving.  Getting strapped in comfortably before an autox run takes a
few minutes.

I think 5pt's require special seats, maybe, but 3 and 4 are easily done w/
stock seats.

I don't think that one harness is much safer than the other (3pt vs. 4pt. vs
5pt.).  My 3's do the job quite perfectly.

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

      Virginia Polytechnic Institute
          and State University