Re: Headers

At 08:14 PM 3/21/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I need to buy a new exhaust system for my mk1 scirocco.  My original
>plans were to go all techtonic.  But a techtonic header (4 to 1)
>costs about $350 which I don't feel that dedicated to buy.  So I
>would like to buy a cheaper header.  Autotech?  Tri-Y?  I would like
>to spend 200 or less.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
>                                      Jay
>'80 Scirocco 8v
>'88 Scirocco V12 turbo 9000 quattro

        Then get the performance downpipe from TT.  You should have the twin
outlet manifold already, and Techtonics claims that the gains from a header
are minimal and don't outweigh the longevity of the stock set up.  Plus it
is like $135 and rids you of the flex pipe between the downpipe and the cat.
        I have the whole TT exhaust on my 1980 'rocco S and like the
performance.  The only problem I encountered was the bolts loostening up at
the manifold/downpipe joint and the downpipe/cat joint.  These were solved
using new hardware and lock nuts. Strongly recommended.

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja