Re: Headers

> I need to buy a new exhaust system for my mk1 scirocco.  My original
> plans were to go all techtonic.  But a techtonic header (4 to 1)
> costs about $350 which I don't feel that dedicated to buy.  So I
> would like to buy a cheaper header.  Autotech?  Tri-Y?  I would like
> to spend 200 or less.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
>                                       Jay
I have the Autotech header on my '79.  Heavy guage tubing, thick flanges,
ball-type flex joint, and it can hook to either a cat or to straight
tubing.  All in all a nice piece.  And for street driving a tri-y header is
a better choice than a 4-1.  Better low- and mid- range power.
Aaron

"Listening to music is listening to all noise, realizing
that its appropriation and control is a reflection of
power"
 Noise - The Political Economy of Music. Jacques Attali.