Re: r.a.m.v.w.

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Brad Sheridan wrote:

>   You should find out the address of your news server from your ISP. It is
> also called an NNTP server.  If your ISP doesn't have one, check out other
> ISPs. Its a standard thing though, and it shouldn't cost extra to access
> the server. If it does, check out other ISPs. There are free news servers
> around, but they're usually very slow, I tried it and gave up on it.

Geocities is some sort of semi-free service, I think (like Juno) - they
probably don't run a news server (news servers are a big ugly expensive
PITA... I sure wouldn't be running one if the users weren't paying for it).

On the other hand, news.geocities.com does seem to be a valid hostname.

Kevin Wenzel                                                           KB0MQM
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC        http://www.privateI.com/
Colorado ISP/C Area Representative                       http://www.ispc.org/
_____kwenzel@privateI.com_____kwenzel@ispc.org_____Pager: 1-800-716-2316_____