Re: r.a.m.v.w.

Shawn C. Meze wrote:

> At 03:30 PM 2/20/97 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >I have a question about the actaul newgroups.  How do I find a server
> >(actually looking for a free one).  After that, how do I become a member
> >of the group.  As you can tell, I don't know very much about newsgroups.
> >I am very interested in reaching r.a.m.v.w.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >John
> >80 Scirocco S
>
> Doh! Sorry John. I thought you were keen to the Newsgroup thing..... my bad.
> Um, do you have or can you get/install a progran called "Free Agent"? Or, does
> your server have any kind of Newsgroup surfing capabilities?
> Well, they're all free. Its just a matter of finding the cool one and
> subscribing to it. (Recs.auto.makers.vw.watercooled) all that does is sends
> you a list of subject topics. If you want to read one, you click on it and it
> downloads the whole message. In a way, its like a huge mailing list that have
> way more than Scirocco owners. Its a VW thingie.
>
> Shawn

The strange thing is he has a free Email account with geocities Maybe?
He is using someone elses account and can't have newsgroup access. Hey
Man I would suggest looking for a local Internet Service Provider
usually it only costs $20 a month for unlimited service and then
definately get free agent. http://www.forteinc.com

Only thing is  he needs to have an Internet account to access geocities
I'm not sure why he wouldn't have NG access.

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin