Buying a 16v

Welp, I'm going to be paying cash for an '87 or '88 16v Scirocco this
Monday.  Anything in particular I should be looking for when buying one?
There seems to be a LOT for sale here in the Portland, Oregon (USA) area,
but don't want to get screwed when purchasing one.

One question though.  those 16v's with leather interiors...where they FULL
leather seats, or just leather trim?  If the cloth on the leather seats
needs to be replaced, what's the going market price to have them re-upholstered?

ANY help would be appreciated.

 *  Donovan Porter - dporter@hevanet.com - Green '95 200SX SE-R  *
*  Stock, FOR SALE!  $13950 obo   -  1980 VW Rabbit Pickup - '96  *
 *  Toyota RAV4, 4wd, pwr everyting Alpine Stereo, Tow Package   *