Re: Late-model antenna mod?

At 07:05 PM 2/18/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone's swapped their driver-side fender mounted
>antenna for the late-model short rear-roof antenna.  Personally I like
>these roof mounted antennas much better than what's currently on
>my car ('87 16V).  If a swap is possible, I'd like to hear about it.

I used to have the fender mounted power antenna and I switched to the
Fuba Beta "D" amplifird antena. Last time I saw, 16V cars came with
these. (Hence the term, "16V antenna") Does yours not have one? Hmmm.
Its fairly easy to do, takes all of about an hour do finish. The scarry
part is drilling the hole in the roof! Dont forget to order the rubber
cap to cover the old antenna hole in the fender!

Shawn