Re: Multi function

Hey!

	I discovered something this weekend, and I wanted to pose a
question to the entire list.
	Last winter the circuit board behind the spedo cluster went out.
My mechanic told me this as he found that part of it was brown(burned
slightly).  What it did was to make the lights over the cluster non
functional except if the car was off(go figure) and the tach would not
work unless I turned the dimmer all the way down.
	I was told that I had two choices.  I could either try to find
just the board, or start looking through wrecked cars for an entire
cluster and then just use what I needed.  I was talking to someone at a
yard this weekend and they asked if my cluster was the "multi-function."
Upon looking in the owners manual I found out that there was an option
that would tell you the milage, average speed, total trip miles, and a
bunch of stuff all read out to the digital clock in the bottom of the
cluster.
	Now as you can imagine I do not have this option, but REALLY want
it.  Is it feasable/possible to add something like this?  I dont really
have any experience in doing this sort of electrical things but perhaps
sometone out there has.
	Okay.....Now you can all laugh at my silly idea..:)

	Adam Vigus
	'87 Scirocco 16v
	"Lets do the Nasty."
	"Do we have to?"