Re: Upper and lower stress bars

 2/15/97 -0500,
> One thing I will point out is that I've also been
>told that the neuspeed bars are horrible.  I do have the upper tie bar
>from them but i bought it for $25 so money talked there.  The rear uppper
>strut tie bars are also supposed to be a joke.  There only mean't for all
>out handeling and if your going that way you'd be looking for a roll cage.

>First i'll say that I dont know what your source on Neuspeed bars are but
>think your info was terribly inaccurate. Most all stress bars do the same
job.
>Some may be lighter that others, thats the only real advantage, if any.
(Other
>than those that triangilate, but thats another issue.)

>I have the rear upper stress bar. Not only does it do a great job of
holding my
>racing tires back there on the way to and from race day, (Which was the
main
>reason for buying the bar in the first place!) but it also does a great
job
>keeping to rear suspension squared and elliminating the anount of flex
before
>the tires start to set into the racing surface.

>There are people who will not feel an ounce of difference with these bars
on.
>Some people are just unable to feel this small amounts of change in a car.
There
>are peolple who dont feel the difference or changes on a car in alot of
aspects
>of driving.

>Im lucky in that I can and do feel changes in my own car. (Although it may
take
>a while to figure out what it is that changed...) I can feel my car flex
in the
>corners to the point that I can feel where its flexing! (from behind the
front
>wheels to the rear of my seat, where the roll bar bolts into.) So there
too,
>whether or not you install the rear upper bar is something of preference.

>Shawn

I agree with Shawn
I have the neuspeed front upper stress bar. This thing works! It  does a
great job of
keeping the suspension squared and eliminating the amount of body flex in
the turns. My car had noise and vibrations problems at speed on washboard
roads without the bar and now with it the stress noise is gone! You may not
need it if you have stock suspension but if you go for the HOR  springs and
the Sport shocks it is a must have thing in my book. I like the one piece
design. I have the Auto Tech lower bars and I like that setup. I am looking
for a rear bar deal($) now.

Doug
87 16V Silver Scirocco.