Re: Upper and lower stress bars

At 12:31 PM 2/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
> One thing I will point out is that I've also been
>told that the neuspeed bars are horrible.  I do have the upper tie bar
>from them but i bought it for $25 so money talked there.  The rear uppper
>strut tie bars are also supposed to be a joke.  There only mean't for all
>out handeling and if your going that way you'd be looking for a roll cage.

First i'll say that I dont know what your source on Neuspeed bars are but I
think your info was terribly inaccurate. Most all stress bars do the same job.
Some may be lighter that others, thats the only real advantage, if any. (Other
than those that triangilate, but thats another issue.)

I have the rear upper stress bar. Not only does it do a great job of holding my
racing tires back there on the way to and from race day, (Which was the main
reason for buying the bar in the first place!) but it also does a great job
keeping to rear suspension squared and elliminating the anount of flex before
the tires start to set into the racing surface.

There are people who will not feel an ounce of difference with these bars on.
Some people are just unable to feel this small amounts of change in a car. There
are peolple who dont feel the difference or changes on a car in alot of aspects
of driving.

Im lucky in that I can and do feel changes in my own car. (Although it may take
a while to figure out what it is that changed...) I can feel my car flex in the
corners to the point that I can feel where its flexing! (from behind the front
wheels to the rear of my seat, where the roll bar bolts into.) So there too,
whether or not you install the rear upper bar is something of preference.

Shawn