Re: Engine mods..what to do?...A Deep Debate!

At 07:02 PM 2/17/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Hmmm.  I know this could take forever to hash out, let me first say
>this...If the government purposely passes bad law ( like artificially low
>speed limits or prohibition or make cigarettes illegal) then the government
>has chosen to make otherwise law abiding citzens CRIMINALS....SO NOW WHAT?
>Well those of good judgement and moral conscience will do everything
>(leagally) in thier power to change the law... I know it can get messy...

Right, I agree.

>Now for my answer...I know we cannot pick an choose the laws we choose to
>abide.

Sure we do. Many people choose to not follow more rules as others, and thats
why the jails are full.

>Even though I think mild speeding does little harm...yes it is
>breaking the law and that is wrong.  If I choose to speed (I usually exceed
>freeway limits by 7-10mph) then I am wrong in the fact that I am breaking
>the law...SO my arguement stands, if it is wrong it is wrong weather or not
>I get caught, am I going to send in a fine voluntarily?  NO, but I am no
>less in the wrong.  [I have been caught a lot too!]

I agree here too.

>>ever
>>ybody<-----  has broken this law at one time or another.
>>Ok, So what?
>
>Sorry, I choose not to be so cavilier.  Again, it doesn't change the fact
>if it is wrong it is wrong, caught or not.  "Don't do today what you can
>not sleep with tonight."

Well, I can live and sleep well with speeding, plenty fine. Its another one of
those laws designed to protest us and only turns out to be a way to produce
revenue for the city/state. I feel you should be able to drive whatever speed
you want, as long as traffic and weather conditions permit it. The problems
with that are there are people who are simply incapable and/or not responsible
enough to do it safely.
Its just another way big bro is dipping their fingers to our pockets. Its
kinda like the helmet law here in Ca. So what. There are more car-car
accidents where people are hurt with head injurys, why not make us wear
helmets too? Why not get rid of the dangerous shoulder belt and make us wear a
Schroth type system? Baby seats have them, why dont we have em' too?
This can just go on and on. :)  It really never ends, so the bottom line is
you simply got to be responsible for yourself and your actions. (Kinda like
what your saying.)

Shawn