Re: Speaking of Sway bars

GIMPYvwMtb@aol.com wrote:

> So anyone got any funny muscle car storrys

I lived in North Dakota for 2 years and you can imagine how many
'hot rods' they had there, or I should say, what they THOUGHT were
hot rods.  North Dakota is like some American car dreamland or
something and most of them still think a Volkswagen is a Bug.
So here I am in my 86 Scirocco with New York plates.  Hehe...
here's one of the many stories...a black '72 Nova pulls up to me w/
what sounds like a very big engine (a little intimidating, but
I never turn down a race-especially to a Nodak :-)).  The light
turns green, and I get a good start and I'm revving the hell out
of every gear and he couldn't catch me!!  That was so great.  We
talked later and he said he had a 350 in it.  You shoulda seen the
look on his face when I told him I had a 1.8 litre 4 cylinder!
I think it was his inability to drive that made him lose.  He was
shifting really slow.

> I was dumb as A child......

Hehe..weren't we all?  :-)

-Mike