Re: Front sway bar

>Chris is this for the corrado/scirrocco project..?

It's for the same car....not necessarily the same project.

> Isn't the front end going
>to gain some weight with the new engine/supercharger Digefant and other
>needed parts not found on the Scirrocco.....

Eh, possibly some, but for some wierd reason I think that an 8v longblock is
lighter than a 16v.  It just looks smaller.  I have no evidence of this
though.  Yes, the supercharger, intercooler, and bigger radiator will add
some, but I hope to have euro bumpers and move the battery to the rear to
compensate for this.  The battery will happen soon, but the euro bumpers
might not be a reality until christmas, as I am short on cash for this G60
project as it is.

>If you've been running the 16v
>with the stock swaybars wouldn't you  want to run the corrados stock swatbar
>dia. (if its diffrant then the scirroccos)

I would like to think that the possible difference in stock sway bars (if
there is any diff) is due to the difference in body weight (Corrado G60
weighs 2835lbs vs. Scirocco 16v's 2287lbs.).

>to at least see what it feels and
>does ........

As much as I would like to, I just don't have the money to buy a $150 sway
bar "just to see what if feels like and does."  I'm not being at all cocky,
Danny, just a little bitter at my own money situation.  However, I'm sure
that somewhere in that 4pg letter that Mannix wrote, there'll be something
good in there just for me.  I just have to find a half an hour outta my time
to read it.  (Mannix--it's huge!  Can't wait.)

> Is for me exrerience with both  my own 16v and my friends new
>(well she just got it) Corrado G-60 both running thick front swaybars the
>ride quality isn't lessend ....or not that noticably as people make it
>sound......

Well!  That's nice to hear.  Everything I've heard suggests otherwise--it's
nice to hear something from someone who has them.

>.I would remove the bars foor winter driving......

Winter driving should not be attempted in our out-of-production beauties.
Take care of them.

>.....So try around is the BEST advice ....

I will do just that!

>SORRY FOR SUCH A LNG AND DRAWN OUT BABLING I

Don't be!  'Twas excellent info.

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

      Virginia Polytechnic Institute