Re: Speedo meter cable replacement.

No.   Actually, I had a vaccum hose that was diconnected behind the
instrument cluster.  I had to remove the instrument cluster in order
to replace that vaccum line.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my bible (aka the Bentley) with me so I
totaly goofed and broke the plastic clip (totally un-german if you
ask me!)

So It's working now (I still have my old one in it) but it's making
noise.  Not screeming noise, just ticking noises (really obnoxious,
like the 37 vibrations inside my car!)

Frank