Re: G60 Scirocco Update

>   I just joined the list, and missed the previous discussion. I have heard
>other people discuss problems with the sheet metal that the front motor
>mount bracket is attached to warping due to excessive stress of high hp
>engines. Are you going to do anything about this? I've thought about upping
>the hp on my 16V, but would like to get an idea for fixes for this problem
>before I get too far into any project.

Yeah, Paul Krucke just tossed that idea on me a few weeks ago.  He said that
a friend of his did a G60 ---> Scirocco, dropped the clutch--and the hood,
radiator, etc. went up over the top of the car.  He followed that statement
up w/ a nice big "$$$$".  ;-)

Anyway, since this topic has been brought up, I have not had a chance to
look under the hood (I'm away at school.)  So I havent conjured up a plan as
to EXACTLY what I'm gonna do, yet.  All I can say is that I'm gonna
reinforce, reinforce, reinforce.  Weld this, weld that, etc.  I'll let you
guys know exactly what I do when I do it, but it wont be for another 4 mos,
so if you're looking for quick info, I can't help ya.

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

      Virginia Polytechnic Institute
          and State University