RE: G60 Scirocco update

>For those of you who were hanging on my every word about my project (and for
>those of you who thought I was dreaming), I JUST purchased a G60 longblock
>w/ supercharger outta a '92 Corrado.  Step 1, a success.

Congrats, Chris! I know from the work that I had to do in my relatively simple swap - you've got a real project ahead of you! Good Luck!

Hi,
   I just joined the list, and missed the previous discussion. I have heard
other people discuss problems with the sheet metal that the front motor
mount bracket is attached to warping due to excessive stress of high hp
engines. Are you going to do anything about this? I've thought about upping
the hp on my 16V, but would like to get an idea for fixes for this problem
before I get too far into any project.

Some of you may have read about the VR6 Rabbit that Shawn put together at RPI. (You know, the one that they were trying to sell for $22k) Anyhow, apparently this car is on the verge of falling apart from the stresses that the hi-po engine is putting on the body. In the EC article, they said that extra welds were put into the frame to withstand the extra power. Apparently, they are not doing the job...

Perhaps not the same as putting a G-60 in a Scirocco, but not exactly apples and oranges, either...

Greg
82 Scirocco - getting leather interior soon!
91 Jetta

gbaxter@istar.ca - Home
gbaxter@valleybrook.com - Work

I've got Scirocco mail coming and going! Sure helps the work day pass by, though... :)